The BEST Gay News in Chicago
Beaches, Bars, Socials, Events and More!
Chicago Gay Film Weekend of Queer Shorts Oct 18-21
Screenplay Finalists! AND Short Film Program!
CENTER ON HALSTED’S HOOVER-LEPPEN THEATER
3656 N HALSTED ST, CHICAGO, IL 60613
Pride Films and Plays’ Gay Film Weekend will feature enhanced staged
readings of the Five Finalists in the Great Gay Screenplay Contest,
panels on the history and creation of LGBT film, and a Queer Shorts Film
Program guest curated by Indie Boots Film Festival.
Tickets for the screenplay readings and Queer Shorts Film Program are
each $10. The panels are both free. A Gay Play Weekend Pass allowing
admission to all events is $45. Tickets for individual events can be
purchased at www.brownpapertickets.com, or calling 1 800 838 3006. Weekend passes can be purchased at 773 250 3112 or www.pridefilmsandplays.com
The schedule for the weekend is:
Thursday, October 18
– 7:00pm – A Friend Of Dorothy’s, directed by Chuck Berglund
– 9:00pm – Opening Night Reception
Friday, October 19
– 7:00pm – Barrio Boy, directed by Kyra Morris
Saturday, October 20
– 3:00pm – Fr. Frances, directed by Sarah Ballema
– 5:00pm – Panel “The Evolution of LGBT Cinema”
– 7:00pm – Visalia, directed by John Nasca
Sunday, October 21
– 2:00pm – Snowmen, directed by Alex. St. John
– 4:00pm – Panel “Making LGBT Films in a Changing World”
– 5:00pm – Queer Shorts Film Program
– 7:00pm – Closing Night Reception
Each screenplay reading, and the Queer Shorts Film Program, will be followed by a discussion.